Friday, September 16, 2011

Ooo tanks tanks tanks, I know I have a tank I can use...

OKay so I collect tanks. Yes. I COLLECT them. Not even remotely kidding.

I think I've had like 12-15 different tanks with me since I was like 17. I've love having them because well, I'm the kind of chick that will bring home critters or have critters just show up. lol.

I've had just about every critter you can shake a stick at, I've gone through the evolutionary chain. Started with bacteria - yes bacteria, lol, then to molds, then to bugs, then to fish, then to amphibians, then birds and reptiles and mammals. I went through a large aggressive bird/reptile/fish/amphibian/bug stage and then swung off to explore the other end of the size scale - little ones! Then we went through a venomous stage, then an exotic stage, then a native stage, and then a rare phase.

As a result, I've kept and bred obnoxious amounts of animals and bugs since I was about 2 - I've just always had tanks and critters. I can remember my first fish tank (guppies and platys!) that my mom set up in a roo I shared with my brother - they put a bookshelf in the middle of the room to kind of make it into two rooms and put the fish on a shelf so we could both enjoy and I've been in love with tanks ever since.

So I've sadly put my tanks away for almost 6 years and now it's times for them to come BACK!

So I started digging through half of my tank collection (the other half is still in storage) and took some pics, lol of my cluttered garage.

A couple of 20s ...


My 100 gallon and a 30 and a 20 gallon...



The 30 gallon and 20 gallon



Aha! The 2 gallon tank I was looking for is in my 100 gallon! w00t! And underneath it is the 7 gallon bowfront! Sweeet! I think I might be all set!

No comments: