Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Great SAPS meeting!

Another wonderful meeting tonight, but a low turnout sadly!

Matt gave a wonderful presentation on backgrounds and back lighting, to be honest I just never gave any of that much thought, but ... after seeing the effect it had on the demo tank he used, wow! Really got my attention and changed my mind I think!

I was able to donate my riccia mat that I had been growing out (yay!) as I had finally decided that yeahhhh not interested so much in that plant. Hope the new owner likes it!

We were able to pick up a few more free plants for our tank as well, got a bit more java fern, some stem plant that I don't know what it is, a wispy needle leafed plant that I was told what it was but have now promptly forgotten what the heck it is called, a few unidentified little tony stemlings that had stowed away in the leaves of some other plant (no idea what they are either, but they looked cool, LOL) and a super tiny little green gecko crypt! Should be interesting to see what they all turn into! lol

But always fun to hang out with other tankers and talk shop and compare notes on stores and whatnot. Hoping that we will be able to donate more things at the meetings in the future!

No comments: